Thursday, January 31, 2013

Running for my Life - A review by Brynna Hughes


“Running for my life” is the autobiography of Lopez Lemong, the Olympic track runner.  His story traces him from a small impoverished village in Sudan to the 2008 Olympic games in Beijing; a story that could have only happened by the grace of God.  God brought Lopez through Sudanese prison camp, the fields of Sudan running barefoot, and eventually to the United States to fulfill his dreams of getting an education and running in the Olympics.  He is now using his fame and partnering with World Vision provide education for Sudanese children. The story of how he had overcome obstacles to reach his dreams is nothing short of inspirational; it proves that with God there really is no such thing as impossible.  He relates his life to the life of Joseph in the Bible.  Just when it seemed like God had left him, God pulled through and blessed him, even more than he could ever imagine.  This book was great; it was a fast read and kept my attention through the entire story.  It was easy to get emotionally attached to Lopez through his journey, it definitely tugs heart strings.  I’ll be honest, for the past couple days since I finished it I’ve had dreams about the book. I definitely think it is a book that I will read again later in life when I need some encouragement.

No comments:

Post a Comment